What Good Can Be Accomplished By Filing Bankruptcy? | On Your Debt
When most people think of bankruptcy, negative thoughts often come to mind. Without a doubt, bankruptcy has negative consequences and should by no means be the first choice. If all other options have been exhausted and the stress of financial issues becomes difficult to deal with, you should know that there are a lot of good things that can be accomplished by going bankrupt.
- First and foremost, bankruptcy can allow you to eliminate the legal obligation to pay most or all of your debts. This is called a “discharge”. Bankruptcy exists to give you a fresh start.
- Bankruptcy can be used to stop a foreclosure on your home or mobile home. With a Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you can even come up with a plan to make up for missed payments.
- Bankruptcy can prevent the repossession of a car or other property
- Bankruptcy can end wage garnishment, debt collection harassment, debt collection harassment and other actions by creditors to collect a debt.
- Bankruptcy can restore or prevent termination of public service.
- Perhaps more importantly, bankruptcy gives you the edge in your dealings with creditors. The process allows you to dispute claims from creditors who have committed fraud, sold defective goods, or who are otherwise trying to collect more than what is actually owed.
If you are overwhelmed with debt, it may seem like your options are limited. The too good to be true “solutions” that you hear on the radio may seem tempting. Remember though, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Please don’t entrust your financial future to someone you don’t know on the other end of a toll-free number. At Bond & Botes, collectively, our offices across Alabama and Mississippi have helped over 100,000 individuals and married couples collect their debts over our 30 years of operation.
Bond & Botes helps people with debt
We are local and offer a free confidential face-to-face consultation. We also offer free consultations from the comfort and security of your home or office by phone and / or video with an experienced lawyer. Let us solve your financial problems. There is no obligation, and that means there is no downside to putting together the information you need to make good decisions on how to break the stress cycle of debt and move on. the front. We can answer all of your questions regarding Chapter 7 bankruptcy, Chapter 13 bankruptcy, stopping a foreclosure or wage garnishment, avoiding lien, stopping lawsuits, ” medical debt, personal loans, payday loans, credit card debt, etc. We can relieve your stress! We want to help you and we can help you!
Bond, Botes, Sykstus, Tanner & McNutt, PC
The Web: www.bondnbotes.com
102 South Court Street, Suite 314, Florence, AL 35630
Telephone: 256-760-1010 • Fax: 256-760-1023
Office hours: Monday to Friday • 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
No statement is made that the quality of legal services to be provided is superior to the quality of legal services to be provided by other lawyers.