Understanding Restructuring And Insolvency In Canada: Twenty-four Questions Answered – Insolvency/Bankruptcy/Re-structuring
Canada: Understanding Restructuring and Insolvency in Canada: Answers to Twenty-Four Questions
To print this article, simply register or connect to Mondaq.com.
This article originally appeared in The Legal 500: Restructuring & Insolvency Country Comparative Guide, including a complete list of jurisdictional questions and answers.
Gowling WLG had the pleasure of contributing to the Canada Chapter of The Legal 500: Restructuring & Insolvency Country Comparative Guide, which provides a high level overview of the laws and regulations applicable to restructuring and insolvency proceedings in different jurisdictions.
Presented in a user-friendly question-and-answer format, the Canada chapter provides readers with a practical and up-to-date overview of the following topics:
- Common forms of security interests in movable and immovable property
- Canadian insolvency and restructuring proceedings
- Classification of creditors and stakeholders on the insolvency of a debtor
- The dispute procedure for pre-insolvency operations; financing options for debtors in restructuring or insolvency proceedings
- Obligations and responsibilities of directors and stakeholders in the event of the insolvency or restructuring of a debtor
- The treatment of contractual agreements in restructuring and insolvency processes
- Recognition of concurrent foreign restructuring and insolvency proceedings
- The current state of Canada’s insolvency and restructuring regime, including proposed reform and barriers to efficient and effective restructuring and insolvency.
Contact a member of our team today to learn more about how we can help you navigate the complex landscape of restructuring, bankruptcy and insolvency in Canada.
Read the original article on GowlingWLG.com
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide on the subject. Specialist advice should be sought regarding your particular situation.
POPULAR ARTICLES ON: Insolvency / Bankruptcy / Restructuring Canada