Erika Jayne’s lawyer files a request for withdrawal of representation
A (not so) pretty mess. Erika Jaynethe lawyer of, Pierre Mastan, wants to be removed from Real housewives from Beverly Hills the star’s bankruptcy case, Us weekly can confirm.
According to documents obtained by We, Mastan’s petition was filed on Monday, June 14. Her request came after a documentary about Erika, 49, and her ex-husband, Tom girardi, was published under the title The housewife and the con artist. The ABC News Originals documentary detailed the ongoing allegations against Tom, 82, and his law firm, Girardi Keese.
The former couple had previously been accused of embezzling settlement funds intended for victims of families killed in the Lion Air flight 610 in 2018. Tom was criticized for the allegations in December 2020, a month after his wife for nearly 20-year-old filed for divorce.
Mastan’s new motion will force Erika to have a new lawyer. The update also shows that there may be an underlying drama with the bankruptcy proceeding.
In the documentary, it was revealed that the “How many F-ks?” The singer – who has not been charged with anything – potentially knew more than she hinted about her husband’s financial situation.
Erika was featured on one of Tom’s LLC as a “secretary,” which the Law360 reporter Brandon lowrey noted raises “questions” about “what she knew” and whether she benefited from the situation.
“Tom and Erika, they’re stuck together in this bankruptcy proceeding,” Lowrey said in the doc. “A lot of these debts, which they owe in bankruptcy proceedings, [they] must together, maybe. It’s going to be hard for her to say that she didn’t know something was going on.
Last week, the bankruptcy judge allowed the bankruptcy trustee to hire another lawyer to investigate whether Erika had received fraudulent transfers from Tom’s company. So Mastan’s decision to leave the case comes at a complicated time.
Tom gave a provision on his finances in September 2020 where he admitted he was broke.
“At one point I had about $ 80 million or $ 50 million in cash. Let’s go. I have no money, ”the former lawyer said in a recording of his statement in the documentary.
While the reality TV star was also supposed to give a statement on their finances in May 2020 and September 2020, her audition dates were postponed.
According to Sunny Hostin, her defense is that many of the luxury items she owns were “gifts to her” and therefore “separate property” from Tom. “I’m not sure whether a legal proposal wins,” Hostin said in the documentary, which airs on Hulu.
The Broadway actress has not spoken publicly about The housewife and the con artist or the decision of his former lawyer to leave his case. However, she shared a preview for the Wednesday June 16 episode RHOBH on Instagram on Tuesday, June 15.
The trailer, which teased the “biggest scandal of Housewives story, ”Erika showed dramatically entering the room as her fellow housewives seemed to be chatting about her and Tom’s situation.